Organizing your photos and memories can seem overwhelming at first. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- The first and easiest thing to do is to start deleting from your phone. You can pick your favorites from the many pictures of the same moment in time. You will find many other pictures that you can easily part with.
- Gather all of your digital photos into one place. Besides your phone, you will have photos on lap tops, memory cards, CD’s, DVD’s, flash drives, thumb drives, on Facebook, and cloud based sites.
- As you gather them, mark each one with a number and keep track of them, so that once you start to upload them to one location. You will know which ones you have completed.
- It is suggested that you have your photos both “on” and “off” site.
On Site: Use a new external hard drive with a large memory. This becomes what Photo Organizers call your Hub where you will upload all of your photos.
Off Site: Use a cloud based service where you know your photos can be easily accessed and are secure, private, and where photos will be migrated to new formats as the old formats become obsolete. The only one I know of and recommend is FOREVER. You can check it out here https://forever.com/ambassador/kathy-schlegeland if you like it, you can try it out with a FREE account.
- There is no one way to organize your photos. You can do what is right for you. I have found that having a main file for each year, and then each month within the year is a good way to start. You may choose to just have themes within the year, such as people, vacations, holidays, etc. Don’t let the indecision keep you from getting started. As you work with your photos, you will find what works best.
Please be my guest for my new weekly “FOREVER Photos Hands On Events” at The Candy Factory, a Coworking Community in downtown Lancaster, PA. I will help you get your first 500 to 1000 pics added to your Forever account. First, we’ll go over how to organize your photos. And then later, we will have fun making photo books, photo cards, and photo calendars utilizing your photo library. I’ll be offering this gratis for now until the end of March… So please call or text me at 717-872-7424 to schedule your date. Space is limited. Please share; Your friends and family are welcome too!